Child has head injury, swollen, slight lump below the skin. What is the cure?

Hi my 2 year old daughter had a fall a few months ago and hit her forehead off a glass unit, it was bruised and swollen for a few days, otherwise she was fine, but I can still feel a slight lump under the skin, its not visible to see but I can feel it when I rub her forehead, it was right in between her eyebrow area
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

If your daughter did not lose consciousness when she fell down then there is nothing to worry about. This swelling can be due to underlying muscle swelling.

For the treatment of the same, apply warm compresses and give her some anti inflammatory pain killer syrup like Diclofenac or acetaminophen after consulting your doctor. Please avoid giving any medicine like aspirin on your own.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.