Child has flexible flat foot. How to treat this?

My son is 13 years old and has a flexible flat foot.
He has difficulties on various activities on his PE classes.
For example, his "mile run" is "F" grade with 12 minutes and jumps rope is another "F" with 20 out of 50.
Is there any way to let his PE teacher knows that my son is not capable of running or jumping like normal kids without a flexible flat feet?

Thanks in advance for your consulting.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

From your message, I can understand that your child's flexible flat foot is severe enough to reduce his performance in physical and sport activities.

I request you to get your son checked by a doctor (rule out other conditions, which may cause poor performance in sport activities).

You can get a certificate from the doctor that his flexible flat foot is responsible for his poor performance in sports. The same could let the PE teacher understand regarding his poor performance.

You may contact me for any query on the following URL...........

In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me .............. And I can answer your queries regarding your child online regularly.

Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics