Child has flesh coloured bumps on trunk surrounding pimple. Had headache and achy muscle. What could it be?

My 6 year old has tiny flesh colored bumps on his trunk surrounding on big pimple. this is the second one in the same area over a 2 month period. Is as if the small flesh colored bumps turn into the chicken pox looking pimple. 3 weeks ago he had a headache and achy muscles when this first started but there is a large new pimple that hurts to the touch
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 14 minutes later

I can feel your concerns, It seems to be an infectIve leision around the hair follicle that is root of the hair. I have seen the photo you have sent.

I want to know some more details like
1. Is it containing pus or discharge?
2. Is it associated with fever?
3. Does he has history of allergies?
4. Is he taking medications?

I recommend you , just give analgesics and do warm compression over the bumps.

Kindly provide the above information which helps me to answer better.

Follow-up: Child has flesh coloured bumps on trunk surrounding pimple. Had headache and achy muscle. What could it be? 1 hour later
it looks like it has puss in it but it hurts him so I haven't messed with it.
its not associated with a fever but when this little patch of bumps he did have a cols and one the bumps has done this before and it seamed like it healed up pretty good. He has no allegories other them some sneezing/ spring time very light. and he will take a clariton ready tab if its a bad day but he hasn't taken that in about 3 weeks. I will do what you said and keep it clean.
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up

My recommendations are , not to mess with the bump , do not squeeze it now .
You can wait for 2 to 3 days till it regress .

Do consult your local doctor for antibiotics and analgesics. These will prevent spread of infection and inflammation. Besides, if doctor feels favorable he will draw out the puss under aseptic measures.

Hope, I have answered you. If you do not have any other clarifications you can close the discussion and rate the query.