Child has fever, runny nose and passing foul smelling bowl movement. Should I be concerned?

Pediatrician
Question
My 2.5 year old has a sudden fever of 103.1 auxiliary. Only thing I have notices was a foul smelling bowl movement this evening and a slight clear runny nose. She has allergies however so a runny nose is not uncommon. She is drinking cold water and keeping it down. Should I be concerned with the sudden onset of fever? She is in day care and is around other children daily. She is not in any pain at the moment.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later
Hi.

Your child is having fever with some stomach infection which is usually viral in nature and settles in few days.
I suggest you to give acetaminophen as per dosage (15mg/kg) if fever is above 100 F.
Do tepid sponging if fever is above 102 F.
Give plenty of fluids; give oral rehydration solution sip by sip after each loose stool.
Give curd, lemonade, boiled potato, rice porridge.

Give lactobacillus for 2 to 3 days.

In case symptoms persist get her evaluated by a pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query, in case you have any other query I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!!