Child has fever, running nose, appetite loss, cough. Safe to give Levolin syrup?

Pediatrician
Question
MY DAUGHTER IS ONE AND HALF YEAR OLD AND IS HAVING FEVER WITH RUNNING NOSE. SHE IS NOT EATING WELL SINCE TODAY MORNING. LITTLE BIT OF COUGHING. IS IT FINE TO GIVE HER LEVOLIN SYRUP OF CIPLA
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 22 minutes later
Hi

Your daughter is having fever with cold which is mostly viral in nature and settles in dew days.
-I suggest you to record her fever 4 to 6 hourly and in case fever is more than 100 F give paracetamol as per dosage (15 mg/kg).
-You can give levocetrizine 2.5 ml once a day at bed time.
-Give plenty of fluids, warm water with honey and lemon juice will be soothing.
-Give soft bland diet so as to maintain hydration and nutrition.
-Give steam inhalation for 5 to 10 min.

In case symptoms persist get her examined by pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further question I would be glad to help.
Wishing your baby good health.
God bless!!