Child has fever, loss of appetite and ear infection. How to diagnose these symptoms?

M son has a fever, little appetite, his gums look reddish-purple and an ear infection...what to do?
what do these symptoms indicate? He is 5 years old
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 55 minutes later

Your child is having fever and ear pain which could be viral or bacterial in nature.
Decrease in appetite is associated with this illness.

I suggest you to record his temperature every fourth hourly.
Give acetaminophen as per dosage (15mg/kgbody weight) for pain relief and fever
Give plenty of fluids to maintain hydration.
Give simple bland diet .
He should take adequate rest.
He should get better in couple of days and in case symptoms persist get him evaluated by a pediatrician. He requires a detailed clinical examination and battery of tests.

Hope I answered your query. In case you have any question I would like to help you.

Wishing your child good health...

God bless.