Child has fever, headache and pain in stomach. Is this normal?

My 9 yr old says he feels like hes been punched in the stomach, has a fever of 101.7, and now has headache. Is this normal sickness or something more? He has had the stomach feeling for 2 days but just got fever this afternoon
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 41 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I do understand your concern

I have noted your medical problem

The data that you have provided suggest the possibility of a stomach infection in your son. Further narrowing down the diagnostic possibility can be achieved by a clinical examination by a local physician. Headache can be a part of the fever. He will require routine blood and stool tests and ultrasound of the abdomen. All these tests will help us establish the cause of the problem so that treatment will become easy.

I urge you to get your son evaluated by a local physician

I hope that I have clarified your query
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern
Best wishes and wish you good health