Child has fever, given iblugesic. Could it be dengue?

Feb 2013

These days dengue is prevalent in India and my son has mild temperature since yesterday. I am worried whether it could be dengue or else . I have given him iblugesic . If his temperature comes down ,should it be fine or should I get him checked thoroughly ?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination by pediatrician.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Yes, I agree with you as there is Dengue fever is prevalent in some areas of India at present.

Dengue fever presents with high grade fever and rash appears on the body.

But for any fever, child needs physical examination by the pediatrician to look for the cause of fever such as focus of infection, to assess the child general condition, and to advise specific treatment.

For mild grade fever, I suggest you to give paracetamol syrup such as Crocin in prescribed dose every 6th or 8th hourly depending on the presence of fever.

Give soft diet and adequate oral fluids to maintain nutrition and hydration of the child.

Check his temperature, activity, and hydration status regularly.

Observe his body for any rash.

And consult the pediatrician for clinical examination to look for the focus of infection and to advise specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.