Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or stomach ache. Not eating, only drinking

Question
Hello My 6 year old son has only been sick for 48 hours no head or stomach ache. Just fever 103 at the highest and dizzy when standing up. red cheeks and what looks like a tiny bug bite on his cheek. Its the dizzyness that has brought me to you.
he will drink but not eat.

Thanks for your help
Dad
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

Normally such types of fever are viral in nature and subside in 3 to 4 days and are accompanied by dizziness.

If the fever doesn't does not in next 24 hrs, you can consult your doctor and get the necessary investigations done to rule out bacterial infections.

Till then you can do sponging with a towel dipped in water at room temperature(The water should not be cold).

You can also give him Paracetamol syrup 250 mg thrice to four times daily if his weight is more than 15 Kgs or 33lbs.

Redness of cheeks may be due to he high fever.

I hope to have answered your query. I am available for follow-up.

Wishing your son a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Follow-up: Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or stomach ache. Not eating, only drinking 2 days later
hello and thank you
The fever is gone now for 2 days and he is eating.
but now he is covered (back, chest, legs, arms) with hundreds of little red bumps
Follow-up: Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or stomach ache. Not eating, only drinking 11 minutes later
I have included 2 photos
Currently treating him as if he has the chicken pox
Oatmeal bath
Cortisone cream

He is happy energetic eating playing and drinking.

Thank You

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It's good that your child is happy and playing.
I have seen the photographs and it is chickenpox only
Carry on the treatment you are giving
Can use calamine lotion on body for itching
Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health
Thanks