Child has fever, cough, runny nose and blisters. No relief from motrin. Suggest effective medicine

Feb 2013

Hi! My daughter has had a high fever and cough and runny nose for 4 days. Now she has blisters on her face and arms in small groups. I am traveling and away from our normal care. I've been giving her Motrin to help with fever, but it is still strong and high after 4 days. Can you please help?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 19 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

Your child seems to have Viral fever with upper Motrin 8th hourly in prescribed dosage depending on the presence of fever.

If there is high grade fever do tepid sponging with XXXXXXX warm water.

For blisters you can apply calamine lotion externally for soothing effect.

Give plenty of oral fluids to maintain her hydration.

And consult a Pediatrician for the examination of your child to look for the focus of infection and for specific treatment like antibiotic if required depending on the presence of infection.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.