Child has fever, cold and cough. Prescribed betalar, pratham and flexon. Safe medication?

My child is having high fever 102.5, cold and cough. fever was a result of drastic weather change. The local peditrician prescribed Betalar, Pratham and flexon (ibrufen+pracetamol suspension).
Just wanted to find out is it OK to give my baby above prescribed medicine. Her fever is not getting normal with Calpol suspoension.
My child is 1 year 2 months old.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Sharma 10 minutes later

Thanks for placing your query here. I can appreciate your concerns.

Child appears to suffer from recurrent viral upper respiratory infection.
Betalar contains betamethasone a steroid which , in my view is not required & can be stopped after discussing with your pediatrician.
Pratham contains azithromycin an antibiotic which should not be continued beyond 5 days.
The decision to continue/discontinue any medications can be made only after properly examining the child. So, please do consult your pediatrician for a detailed examination of the child.

Please continue flexon 8 hourly.
Also make sure the baby is drinking plenty of liquids.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your child a speedy recovery.