Child has fever and started sweating. Should I be worried?

My 7 year old daughter had a fever of 102-103 last night and tonight her temp is 96.1-96.6 she feels warm and clamy like she is sweating. should I be worried? do I need to get her to a doctor? is there anything I can do to help?
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Your daughter is having fever which could be viral or bacterial in nature. The current temperature 96 is fine. Keep recording it once every 4 hours.
I suggest you the following;
- Give Acetaminophen as per dosage every 6 hourly if temperature shoots over 100F.
- Tepid sponging in case fever is more than 102F.
- Give her plenty of fluids,fruit juice,glucose water and simple bland diet,so as to maintain hydration and nutrition. Temperature and sponging can lead to dehydration. Hence it is important.
- She should take complete bed rest.

Observe her activity. In case fever does not subside and some other symptoms appear then i suggest you to get her examined by pediatrician for further management.

Hope i answered your query,in case you have any question i like to help.
Wishing your daughter speedy recovery.
God bless.