Child has fever and chest pain with stuffy nose. Required treatment?

My son has a high fever does not want to eat is tired and said his chest hurts and seems a bit stuffy but no cough. He has had the fever for almost three days now and he is 7 years old
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in. .

Your son seems to be suffering with an infective process which is either bacterial or viral. If it is associated with chills then diagnosis of malaria or typhoid need to be considered.

As he has a high grade fever that is persisting for 3 days, it is advisable to visit a board certified pediatrician for evaluation. Your son needs proper medical attention and antibiotics too.

In the interim you can give syrup or tables paracetamol 250 mg every 4 hours . Also wipe his body with XXXXXXX warm water to decrease body temperature.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further concern, please let me know.