Child has fever. Taken Meftal P. What should I give?

hi 7 years old son is having fever since morning. in the morning the fever was around 100.5 ,I gave him 1.5 tablet of meftal-p.I repeated the medcine in the evening, now after 6 hrs he is again having 101.8 fever. he doesnot suffer from anything ..just caught viral from his younger brother. no symptoms. what should i give him now. i have crocin DS, meftal-P,ibugesic
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 29 minutes later

I am sorry to hear your son's illness. It appears to be due to viral infection. I suggest you give the child soluble paracetamol (crocin) tablets. The dosage of the medicine will depend on his weight. You may get the right dosage prescribed by his paediatrician or let me know his weight, so that I can suggest accordingly.

Give him plenty of fluids to drink and tepid sponging the body. That will bring the temperature down. If there is any problem please let me know.

I wish him quick recovery.

Kindest regards
Dr. SK Mukherjee