Child has excess hair growth all over body. What should be done?

sir, i have a daugh@ter o3 years who has lot of unwanted body hair
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 21 minutes later

There is no precise definition as to what can be called an 'excess' hair growth on the body. The perception varies from person to person. Most people refer to noticeable hair growth in the body, under the arms or in the pubic area.

If your daughter has this kind of hair growth, you may have her undergo some blood tests to determine whether the growth is being caused by a hormonal imbalance.

However, in most cases this is due to genetics. Either parents or some member of the family usually has a history of thick/ dense hair growth which the child inherits.
If this is true of you, I do not think there is anything to worry about.

I will be happy to answer any follow up query you have.

Best Wishes,