Child has dermatitis, itching all over body. No relief from ointment and lotion. Any cure?

ENT Specialist
my son has dermatitis and itching on several parts of his body, his thighs, back and face , we have tried many ointments and lotions but nothing seems to work, even the skin specialist was of no help.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding skin allergy on different parts of body of your son. You have consulted skin specialist and used so many creams, ointments & lotions but all are helpless. Your son is most probably having dermatitis.

I would like to tell you to consult chest & allergy specialist for skin test for identification of allergen , that may be desensatised by suitable vaccines.

I hope this will help him.