Child has delayed milestones, has seizure. Now has fever, cold. Is sinarest sufficient?

Hi, my son- 4 yrs old and has delayed milestones ( he has a seizure before last 3 months ).
Now he has a fever 100 deg F,associated cold. what kind of medicine would be better.we are giving him sinarest ( analgesic-antipyretic Paracetamol )
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Child has delayed milestones, has seizure. Now has fever, cold. Is sinarest sufficient? 1 hour later
Hello, I am waiting for the answer
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later

For the fever, you need to give him Crocin syrup at dose of 10mg/kg body weight. Also, do sponging with tepid water and make sure he's well protected.

For the cold, you need to give him Otrivin pediatric nasal drops and steam inhalation. He would be fine in 1-2 days. Tablet Sinarest has phenylephrine which is not required at this time orally.

I hope you are following with your Pediatrician / Pediatric Neurologist for delayed milestones.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Child has delayed milestones, has seizure. Now has fever, cold. Is sinarest sufficient? 22 hours later
Thank you and we have given him 5 mg crocin dosage since last evening after every 4 hrs.And his temperature was bit normal till this morning.He was also given protein once and the normal food. Just before this afternoon he had some temperature and has some stomach problem.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 19 minutes later

Thanks for getting back.

It is possible that his stomach symptoms are due to a viral infection.

Just give him light food and plenty of fluids, particularly fluids like pedialyte or oral rehydration solution (ORS). Dissolve 1 packet ORS in 1 litre of water and use within 24 hours. Throw away the rest of it and make a fresh solution the next day. Small, frequent meals will also help.

If he has vomiting as well, then also give him ORS after every time he vomits.

However, if he doesn't get better within a few days or he passes blood in his stools or his responsiveness reduces, please take him to a paediatrician as soon as possible.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.