Child has dark bruise on lower back. How to remove this?

My 4 1/2 year old son has a bruise on his lower back, near the tail bone, that has been there for over six weeks. It is a darker brown ring with lighter brown in the middle. I am concerned that it hasn't gone away. It orignially started as a carpet burn from sliding down the stairs.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
thanks for the question and trusting health care magic.
I bruises and patches in case of injuries disappear in individuals at different speeds. This also depends at times on the location. Humidity and temperature conditions in particular areas of the body are important determinant factors.
I am not surprised the speed of disappearance of this lesion is a bit slower than would have been expected if it were elsewhere.
However, I would exercise more patients, and resorting to pure cotton dresses especially around that area. persistence for 3 months could become an issue. But do not think it really should get to that.
I suggest you need not bother and wishing you just the best. Will be honored answering further questions if need be.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.