Child has cough, cold, blood in mucus, prescribed Ventorlin and Dilosyn. Help

Hi Doctor my daughter is 3 and half years old suffering from the bad cough and cold from past one week,during the night time it is being worst,also I noticed today while cleaning mucus in her nose I found some blood along with the mucus and it is only in the right whole of the nose,her pediatrician DR XXXXXXX MHANDERE has prescribed these are the medicines-VENTORLIN-5ml three times in day,DILOSYN EXPECTORANT-5ml twice a day before food and ALLEGRA 5ml once in a day for a week but nothing working out,we live in PUNE-INDIA,she goes to school and now days quite being irritate in the class and misbehaves with her classmates and shows anger.also lack of appetite,kindly help me out.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 55 minutes later
Thanks for the query
The symptom you are mentioning seems to be of respiratory tract infection. However children are more prone to pneummonia. Therefore I woukd suggest you to have a chest x-ray and TLC count. The rest of treatment is right however your pediatrician has missed the antibiotic. Discuss with your pediatrician about antibiotic however I will recommend cefixime suspension at a dose of 10mg/kg. Also sputum culture and sensitivity is suggestive for finding the causative organism and proper antibiotic choice. Stop dilosyn expectorant if there is blood in mucous.
Feel free for further queries.