Child has cough, clear nasal discharge and fever. Taken Piriton and Calpol. Please advise

My 18 month old daughter is suffering from continous coughing , clear nasal discharge and fever 101 for last 3 days . we are giving piriton CS and calpol but no improvement seen. today our paedtricain recomended advent anti biotic and tixylic cough syrup ...please advice
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 10 minutes later

Your daughter is probably having acute respiratory tract infection giving rise to this problem.

Advent is very good respiratory tract antibiotic and within a day or two she will start showing improvement. You can start it and also Tixylic. Meanwhile give paracetamol syrup as and when required for fever. Continue giving Tixylic syrup as well.

She shall be fine soon.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish your baby speedy recovery.