Child has cold followed by fever. Urine test showed epithelial cell OCC and puss cell. Meaning?

Question
Hi My son has cold for the last 5 days folowed by fever (101-102 f) for two days.. His urine routine shows Epithelial cells OCC and numerous pus cells. Can you help me to understand this report and his medical condirion. He is one year old.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

I am sorry for your child's ill health. As I understand your main doubt is concerning his urine examination report. His report states that he is having Urinary tract infection(UTI). This can be treated effectively by giving him antibiotics under the guidance of his treating doctor. It can be easily treated and so do not worry.

Thanks for consulting, hope it helps!

Dr Vasanth