Child has cold and cough. Given ginger with honey. Which medicine may be helpful?

My son is suffering with cold and cough, i didn't take him doctor, i given ginger with honey twice a day, but i see there is no relief, now his cough is increased. please help me which medicine will helpfull rightnow, and I have Soventus Jr. with me now, shall i use this for time being tomorrow, i will consult doctor.

Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 30 minutes later
Dear R.k,

Yes, you may use this till tomorrow. But he probably has symptoms and accompanying symptoms he may need some basic investigations like routine complete blood count and Chest X-ray. A proper antibiotics (any penicillin group is preferred), an antihistaminic and Cough syrup can be prescribed to him after the initial investigation.

Consult his pediatrician at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly