Child has cold. Noticed orange skin color on the bottom of foot. Any ideas?

Orthopaedic Surgeon

I have a 2 1/2 year old son who currently has a slight cold. This morning I noticed an orangish XXXXXXX on the bottom of his foot. Any ideas? I have checked all shoes to make sure nothing is irritating his foot and nothing. I did put Vicks on the bottom of his feet last night, but I dont think that would have cause this XXXXXXX Thanks
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
I have seen the photo attached. The orangish XXXXXXX that you have mentioned does not seem to be related to any injury or skin problem. It seems to be a superficial XXXXXXX may be due to a coloring agent. You can wash the area thoroughly and see if the XXXXXXX becomes lighter.
You can self monitor the area for any pain or increase in the size of the XXXXXXX This is likely to subside without any treatment in few days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.