Child has chest pain, happening for some months

my 12 year old daughter has been complaining of chest pains in center of her chest not brought on by anything in paticular she gets them once a week or so and they last around 2 seconds.also they have been happening for a couple of months
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later
Pain in chest is very wide term and it is just a symptom and not a diagnosis.
This pain can be due to various reasons ranging from angina,coronary spasm,asthma,pneumonia,chest trauma,benign chest wall pain etc.
The most important thing to remember is that any chest pain lasting less than 30 seconds can't be a heart pain.
A chest pain occurring infrequently,without any other associated symptom and in a young healthy person is generally a benign chest wall pain and it shall go of it's own gradually.
However if your daughter does complain of some associated problem like breathlessness or palpitation or sweating,then you may have a date with a physician to diagnose the problem.
As far as what I think is,it is normal and there is nothing to worry.

Please do write to me if there is any other additional query.
Best of luck