Child has chest pain, cold sweat, palpitations, light headedness while playing. ECG shows ventricular hypertrophy

Hi,12 yr old son has chestpain, tightness in chest, cold sweat, palpitations and lightheaded almost fainting, whilst playin sport.he gets tired after this happens also.To date general bloods are fine, ecg showed unconfirmed possible left ventricular hypertrophy.Dr said not to worry about that??????? I his mum had SVTs,15 yrs ago,palpitatins blackouts etc,was on tabs to regulate it for a no. of yrs,, still have mild reacurances,was slowly taken off them as problem subcided well. Gp said no sport awaiting apointment with hospital presently.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Left ventricular hypertrophy is no normal on ECG unless the child is very thin.
And over that it would not cause symptoms at that tender age.
Your GP has rightly advise. The boy may be having a problem in the cardiac musculature what is known as Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. The child should avoid games and straining activities, even straining at stools is risky. He should avoid them till he is rule out to have this by Echocardiography studies and a Holter and is examined by a cardiologist.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
I wish your son a good health.
Follow-up: Child has chest pain, cold sweat, palpitations, light headedness while playing. ECG shows ventricular hypertrophy 2 hours later
thank for your responce,,,i asked dr why it was on ecg she replied because hes a child maybe thin,, hes not a thin boy and is a strong enough build no way thin...if he does have this is it possible i passed svts and right bundle branch block on to him,could there be a connection,,if so is there a test to find this out? thank you
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 43 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
If the child is not thin then ECG is suggestive of pathological findings.
The findings of SVT & RBBB are important.
Please get the work-up I have already suggested in the previous answer.
I hope we would come to a firm diagnosis with these investigations.
Wishing your child a great health!