Child has bumps inside lips. Not getting cure. What treatment should be done?

Jul 2016

I have a 4 year old son who has a bump on the inside of his lip for almost a month now. I'm nervous on what it is, it was small and white at first. I then poked it with a needle the first week but it just bled and then healed. I had him also swish with salt water daily, but it's not going away. Today it's red at the base but looks slightly bigger. Not sure what to do.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appear that your 4 years old son has bump on the inner side of lip.

Mostly it looks to be Sub Mucus Cyst which is common to occur at this site. However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination .Please consult qualified General surgeon for clinical examination .He may need to undergo a small surgery to excise it under short General anesthesia.
Please do not worry and do not attempt to puncture it at home.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.