Child has bruise on forehead, nose bleeding. How serious is the swelling?

My grand daughter fell off her bed tonight. She has a golf size bruise on her forehead and she had light bleeding from her nose. The bleeding from her nose has stopped. She is acting normal. She isn't crying and her walking and speech are fine. My major concern is the swelling on her forehead. She is 1 1/2 years old. If she is acting normal in all other areas, how serious is the swelling? This just happened approx 10 minutes ago.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 41 minutes later
If only bruise is the concern then it shoud not be a problem.Just do local icing and the bruise shall go away gradually.
The concern would be if bleeding from nose persists or starts from ears,or she becomes excessively sleepy or she starts getting disoriented,or excessive vomiting etc.
If nothing of such sort happens,nothing to worry however if any of such development takes place,then a visit to ER becomes necessary for required investigation in form of a MRI brain and subsequent management.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck