Child has bilateral symmetricalT2, ischemic and unable to speak and walk. Proper treatment?

ENT Specialist
Question
MY SON 3YRS OLD HAVE PROBLEM- bilateral symmetricalT2,FLAIR hyperintensities in preventricular deep whitte matter in parieto region-likely ischemic.

THIS IS FINAL REPORT OF MRI. Can i know where i get proper treatment of this in the world. he not able to speak and also not able to walk properly. please kindly suggest me for his best treament. physiotherpy is going on regurely.
thanks
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get his hearing evaluation done. He may not be able to speak because he cannot hear speech frequencies well. Central aphaisa may be a cause if his hearing is within normal limits.

2. Along with physiotherapy, you may consider HBOT (Hyper Baric Oxygen Therapy).

3. Did he have a difficult birth and is Cerbral palsy on the probable diagnosis list?

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Child has bilateral symmetricalT2, ischemic and unable to speak and walk. Proper treatment? 19 hours later
Hello sir, as u have asked whether my son is cerebral palsy. its not mentioned in the MRI report,but we had consulted to a child development center for DQ assesment there the psychiatrist concluded that he is having cerebral palsy.based onthat report the doctor under whose suestion we had done his MRI, too mentioned once in his reports that he is cerebral palsy but it was before MRI after MRI he no where mentioned that he is cerebral palsy
he only suggested for physiotherapy . yes he had a difficult birth and did not cry at the time of birth he was kept on oxygen for one day and later he could breath on his own.

Thank you for your query.

1. You may take a trial of HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy).

2. The management is not a standard system and depends upon the exact problems that your child has. For example, if he has seizures, it has to be medically treated. Physiotherapy is required for musculo-skeletal problems. Communication skill may be enhanced and so on.

Regards.