Child has been teething and running a low grade fever. What causes to have white tongue?

my 11month old grandaughter has been teething and running a fever low grade now her toungue is white not being very active and sleeping alot more than normal
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is great that your granddaughter is teething. I wish her a healthy life ahead. There are many causes to her white tongue, including fungal infection and/or dehydration. Low grade fever, teething and/or fungal infection could cause her sleeping more and being not very active. I suggest to consult a pediatrician to rule out fungal infection and get treated properly. Meanwhile, I suggest to - keep her mouth well cleaned - give her more water - let her rest to regain energy - can use teething gel to relief discomfort - give paracetamol syrup to ease pain Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Alba