Child has been fainting when standing. On Asthma medicine Singular, Advair and Zyrtec. Related?

My son 15 yrs old, has been fainting when standing for about 2 months about 2-3 times per month. Can that be associated with his asthma meds? Singular, Advair and Zyrtek? Rescue inhaler as needed

He is a competitive swimmer and has been working out a lot.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs to be evaluated

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Transient unconsciousness can he due to plenty of reasons. In the age group stated common reasons being
Transient hypotension
Absence seizures

Transient hypotension can occur due to cardiac rhythm abnormalties.
The same can be diagnosed with holter 24 hour ecg monitoring.

The other possibility of absence seizures is als very commoly seen. The same can be diagnosed by doing an electro encephalo gram.

You should show your son to a neurologist who would like to evalute him wiyh the above tests and certain other routine blood tests.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.