Child has acute stomach pain. Had pain during dymnastics. MRI was normal. What could be the cause?

My daughter is 11. She has suddenly developed acute sharp lower stomach pain so bad she cannot stand up straight and is hunched over. She first felt pain when she competed in her gymnastics comp completing her last vault. A MRI has shown nothing but her pain remains unbearable? Any suggestions?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, From the medical data you provided, it seems that your daughter most probably had muscular strain during her last vault. I'd advise: - rest more - massaging of the pain area - warm clothing on the pain area - use pain-killers and muscle relaxants (as prescribed by her doctor) - drink more water - avoid energetic drinks If the pain won't go away within a week; if I were her caring doctor, would suggest: - do fibrogastroscopy to exclude gastritis or ulcer - check if she is having her periods (bleeding,etc.) Hope it answered your inquiries! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask me back at the next follow up! Dr.Klerida