Child has a spycka cast and is very uncomfortable. How to make him sleep?

How can I help my son sleep. He has a spycka cast and is very uncomfortable
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 12 days later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

I can appreciate your dealing with a very frustrating situation.

Depending on the age of your son you might consider using low-dose Benadryl to help with sleep. Please use the manufacturers guidelines and dosing schedule as outlined on the box.

Sometimes a very low dose of this medication might significantly improve the ability to sleep.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga