Child has a red rash on leg and scrotum. What could it be?

My 3 year old son has a rash on his leg and scrotum that is not itchy or painful but has gotten worse the last couple days. We are transitioning to pull ups and underwear from diapers. Could this be a allergic reaction? The rash has pimples and is red. Not a solid patch.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query and photo I feel it is a DIAPER RASH. I presume your baby is not having any fever ar such red lesions on any other part of body. Hence I feel it could be any allergic reaction to soap, or powder or diaper itself.
As you have already planned to change the diaper to underwear, its a good choice. But I also suggest you to keep your kids clothes clean and dry. You can also keep them in antiseptic solution after washing.
If it is still persisting your baby might need a course of antibiotics.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile