Child has a low grade fever with trace of WBC in urine. Suggest?

My daughter who is 5 has a low grade fever 100-101 and had trace amounts of white blood cells in her urine at the peds office a few hours ago. What can this be a sign of? The dr was in a bit of a hurry and did not answer questions very well.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be normal...

Detailed Answer:

White blood cells in the urine is reported as number of cells/hpf. I have never seen a urine test results reported as trace amount of white blood cells. Or did you read it wrong as trace amount of blood cells/protein/sugar. If you have the reports with you can you upload them on this question using the site's downloader.

Any way, white blood cells is considered normal when the amount is under 5 cells/hpf. If trace of WBC meant under 5 cells, then her test result is normal and fever might be due to other reasons.
Further UTI) is associated with increased frequency of urination with or without burning sensation. Please co-relate with her symptoms to exclude UTI

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.