Child has a dark complexion. How to get fair complexion?

Dermatologist
Question
Her Complexion is dark in comparioson to all family members can something be done
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 36 hours later
Thanks for the question .
I would be pleased to answer your question .

I would like to inform you that the complexion of the child can change over a period of time. She is too young for you to perform any procedures like chemical peels .

I would suggest you to apply a good sunscreen every day before taking her out in the sun .

Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Child has a dark complexion. How to get fair complexion? 3 hours later
thanks Dr i am ot talking about chemical peels
but considering overall skin tone of me and my husband she is relative dark.

Can some intake of fruits or Juices taken or something homemade stuff which can be applied on her skin that can help her

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 28 hours later
Thanks for the query posted .

There is nothing in scientific literature about oral intake of fruit juices that would help lightening the skin .

Application of homemade stuff can include application of milk ( lactic acid ) .

However , I would not suggest anything being an Allopathic Doctor .

I can suggest you to apply a sunscreen daily and I can also mention to you that the skin color will change over a period of time.

Thanks and take care