Child has UTI, was given antibiotics and Advil for fever. Blockage still persist with pain. Suggestion?

Hi My daughter (2 year old) has an UTI and blockage yesterday.Doctor has provided urinary infection antibitoties which we were asked to use for 10 days (today is second day of its use). we have another appointment on 2nd August but meanwhile i wanted to know few things. Even on the second day of antibioties use (we are also using Advil fever syrup as she has fever as well) the blockage still persists with bit pain during urination. How many days does it take for blockage to go away? any home precautions we need to take? Any other suggestions/pointers would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 48 minutes later

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Pediatrics, working with an experienced Pediatrician. I answer on his behalf.

It does take a minimum of 5 days with antibiotics to see some response. I suggest you to give her plenty of fluids like Juices water etc. Also give her Cranberry juice which is a natural diuretic and helps in getting rid of the infection.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Child has UTI, was given antibiotics and Advil for fever. Blockage still persist with pain. Suggestion? 49 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. I will keep you updated with the progress.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Sure, will be waiting to read from your side.