Child has ADD, trouble getting through bathroom door, holds urine and stools, has schizoaffected disorder. Taking Luvox and Fanapt

My son has Add and OCD (recently OCD popped up within the last year & He says things seem smaller than they are and has trouble getting thru bathroom door because he thinks everything is touching his face even his feet because things are so small and has trouble with other doors so he hold urine as long as he can and sometime the #2. He was recently diagnosed with scytzoaffected disorder. He is taking Luvox 150mg in AM and Fanapt 100 mg 2 x's a day. He has some depression and some bipolar. He wears a white mask over his nose and mouth. He is really wierd about germs and asks me over and over if things are touching his face or if he feet are far from his face or if it is clear to go thru door and he don't want to touch the door knobs.He turns bottle up to take meds and some fall on floor. He wants to know if he touches something and touches his arm afterwards if he could catch a disease and he asks if it has blood on it. He urinates on himself frequently and is 27yrs old and has never done this before. He won't do hardly anythingj jdoesn't brush teeth or take shower but once XXXXXXX week or 2. Please help He has never been this bad before and he has not taken the meds long enough for it to work yet. I am concerned about the urinating and need to know if that goes along with it or should I take him to an MD for another medication???
Also want your opinion on what you think this is ? Will it go away ever?
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 8 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

The most effective treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder is often cognitive-behavioral therapy. Antidepressants are sometimes used in conjunction with therapy, although medication alone is rarely effective in relieving the symptoms of OCD.

Cognitive-behavioral therapy involves two components - 1).Exposure and response prevention involves repeated exposure to the source of your obsession. 2).Cognitive therapy focuses on the catastrophic thoughts and exaggerated sense of responsibility one feels.

Because OCD often causes problems in family life and social adjustment, family therapy can often be beneficial. It understanding of the disorder and can help reduce family conflicts.It can motivate family members and teach them how to help their loved one.

I advice you to consult psychiatrist and speak with the him/her.

Regarding his vision, i advice you to consult ophthalmologist for examination and to find out is something wrong with his vision or it is just his assumption.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer