Child had walking pneumonia earlier. Now has cough, fever. Given Tylenol. What is wrong?

Feb 2013

I have a 3 yr old daughter who in September had walking pneumonia. As of the middle of feb until now she has had a off and on cold... It's like she get rid of it and then it comes back. Just recent about 4 wks ago, she developed a light cough after the congestion of a cold she had. We took her to the doc twice to make sure she didn't have pneumonia again. Both docs gave a negative diagnosis. Here today she started running a fever of 101 and we gave her Tylenol, which immediately brought the temp back to normal. So we at this point tonight, we just checked her temp again, and it's back up too 101... This fever came out of the blue. She also just wet the bed. Please doc, give me your best and honest answer as to what u think might be wrong with my little one. She's my everything!!!
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I can understand your concern regarding your loved little one's health.

First I advise you not to worry and don't be panic.

Repeated cold and cough are not symptoms of pneumonia.

They may be due to some allergy or repeated upper respiratory tract infections caused by viral fevers.

At present your child's fever is looking like a Viral illness only.

Are there any other symptoms like cold, cough, throat pain, or urinary symptoms at present?

Bed wetting is common in children whenever they become sick even though they are toilet trained in the past.

Continue Tylenol in prescribed dosage for fever and the rest of medication as advised by your Pediatrician.

If the fever is not coming down within 48 hours, basic investigations like complete blood picture, complete urine examination, malarial parasite, chest X-ray may be done after your doctor advise.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please write me back along with the information I have asked.