Child had stomach pain near belly button, fever, ear pain. Ibuprofen not helping.

4 year old with stomach pain near the belly button and fever of 102 and ear pain..Ibuprophen doe not help the fever and she is not eating.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

First of all STOP Ibuprofen. It can increase/cause stomach pain. Please do not use this drug without medical supervision.

Ear pain needs a review and examination to rule out common causes in childhood like infections. Especially so, as fever is present. Not eating is a consequence of the stomach pain. So, she would need some prescription drugs to cut down the acid levels/to relieve any spasm if found on examination.

I would suggest you to get a GP's consultation now. And meanwhile, don't feed anything and give plenty of water to drink.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.