Child had round, flat dark spots on penis shaft and been urinating a lot. What could it be?

My son is almost 7 and we just noticed round, flat dark spots on his penis shaft and he has been urinating a lot more than usual. Sometimes every 10 minutes. What's up?
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The frequent urination in children may be due to Urinary tract infection related irritation.
The spots on the penis shaft also indicate to the same.
Some times frequent urination is a manifestation of anxiety related behavioural disorder in this age group but does look like in your kid's case.
Please get him examined in person to a local physician.
Get a complete blood count and urine microscopy and culture to detect the problem exactly.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.