Child had pain while urinating and passed brownish clots. What could be the cause?

Infertility Specialist
my 11 year old son had pain while urinating and passed 2 brownish / blackish clots (?) He is I otherwise in good health but freaked out about the pain and the black stuff leaving his penis. The pain comes and goes...
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Trauma or stones Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms you suggest is out of 2 possibilities: 1) Check if he has fallen or hit his lower body against something or somethong like a ball has hit him. The trauma might be leading to bleeding and clots probabaly. 2) Second possibility is urinary stones which are trying to passout leading to pain. An ultrasound confirms the diagnosis of same. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol