Child had head injury. Having headache and nose bleeding. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
my daughter fell from a balance beam about 5 days ago. she hit her head on beam hard and then on the floor. she has a head ache for several day but has now started having nose bleeds? should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you should seek urgent medical attention. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should seek urgent medical attention and get a CT scan done. There can be a possibility of fracture in skull resulting in bleeding from nose and ears after head injury. Also get her clinically examined by a Neurophysician and an ENT surgeon. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Diff between polyps and adenoids
- Sudden headaches and nose bleeds 6 days after head injury
- Child had head injury headache nose bleed stitches healing concerned
- Nauseous dizzy and tingly symptoms
- Addisons and heart murmur
- Dizzy pain in temple nausea
- Ayurvedic diet to cure adenoid hypertrophy
- Head injury and nose bleed
- Cramps related to addisons
- Serous adenocarcinoma of the colon
- Pupils are small and im dizzy
- Can head injury of a child lead to nose bleeding
- Pupils small dizzy sick
- Nose bleed after head injury
- Pants too tight dizzy