Child had head injury. Having headache and nose bleeding. Should I be concerned?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
my daughter fell from a balance beam about 5 days ago. she hit her head on beam hard and then on the floor. she has a head ache for several day but has now started having nose bleeds? should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you should seek urgent medical attention. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should seek urgent medical attention and get a CT scan done. There can be a possibility of fracture in skull resulting in bleeding from nose and ears after head injury. Also get her clinically examined by a Neurophysician and an ENT surgeon. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.