Child had head injury. Developed little bump but is normal. Should I worry?

15 month old baby fell and hit his head on the hard wood floor. There is a little goose egg but it squishy on top of the bump. He is walking around eating and drinking. Do I need worry? Should I wake him up in the night to check in him?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. There is hematoma formation after injury and it takes few days to settle. This is good that he is active and eating well. I suggest you to apply cold compresses over injured area. Any trauma to head need to be monitored for at least 24 hours to rule out any internal injury. Watch for any vomiting/any abnormal movement/bleeding from ear or nose. You need not to wake him during sleep but observe him .. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question.I would be glad to help. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...