Child had fever and loose motion, done blood test. High CRP. Is it normal?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
my son was getting frequent fever and we consulted a pediatrician and on the advice of CUE, blood test, we have done the tests. he has a CRP of 43
and doctor suggested fevago and admitted into the hospital. It has been second and he didn't get fever again. But he went for one loose motion. Is it normal ? Doctor now suggested to go for motion test as well. we will go for it tomorrow.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 59 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query .
Frequent fever and a high crp could most probably be suggestive of a insidious infection or a inflammatory disorder however further diagnosis needs a thorough detailed clinical history , examination and investigation .
Yes your doctor has suggested appropriately to undergo the stool routine and culture test if the child is having loose motions .
Also considering his crp is 43 which is indicative of infection or inflammation , he might require a course of antibiotics ( azithromycin or ofloxacin or cephalosporin since there is family history of penicillin allergy) depending on his clinical evaluation.
Fevago is an antipyretic ( like paracetamol ) acetaminophen which will control his fever.
Other treatment recommended in such case would be probiotics ( like enterogermina etc) and multivitamin and zinc supplements ( zinconia , becozinc etc) .
Please do not worry , such condition can be readily treated once the diagnosis is confirmed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.