Child had fall, vomiting after dinner, no redness. Should I go to ER?

My 11 month old fell about 3 hours ago on our tile floor. She was standing fell on her butt and then back on her head. She cried for about three minutes. About 80 minutes later after she ate dinner we were playing with her and she vomited a small amount of her dinner. No other signs of injury, no redness on head, very active as usual. Go to er or not? Thank you.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Falls are common in this age group.

Any history of danger signs like loss of consciousness, lethargy, seizures(convulsions), excessive crying , recurrent vomiting, irritability, oozing of blood or watery discharge from the nose of ears ?
If any of the above are present it warrants an immediate visit to the ER.

As per the history you have provided so far, there was only one episode of vomiting. Is she develops vomiting again, I would advise you to take her to the ER.

The fact that she is active as usual is also a good sign. As of now, It is just enough to monitor your daughter at home. If any of the danger signs I have mentioned above are present, then a visit to the hospital is mandatory.

Any history of scalp swelling after the fall? Apply an ice pack intermittently on the swelling for 3 minutes.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan