Child had bump on head. CT confirmed hematoma. Had diarrhea afterwards. Is it related to head injury?
User rating for this question
My 5 month old got a bump on the head almost 3 weeks ago. I took her to the doctor they did a CT scan and said she had a hematoma. She had 2 large squishy bumps on her head. They also said there was a very small brain bleed but that there was no need for follow up because it was so small. She has been acting fine and now almost 3 weeks later has some diarrhea. Do you think this is related to her injury?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diarrhea is not related with head injury. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to inform you that the diarrhea your baby is having is not related to her head injury. Diarrhea can be due to infection of the gastrointestinal tract. You should maintain her hydration. Also get her clinically examined for evaluation. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Complex cyst with debris
- Head injury ct scan
- Congestion related to head injury
- Staphylococcus aureus in navel
- Constant light headedness and tiredness
- Can taking augmentin cause tooth enamel
- How serious is a head injury with small epidural hematoma
- Subdural hematoma head injury
- Effects of staphylococcus aureus on sperm count
- Eye concussion
- Multidetector computed tomography mdc-t
- Heartburn related to head injury
- Aurvedic medicine for fair complexion baby
- Concussion precautions
- Aurvadic treatment in varruca plana