Child had a bone marrow transplant for AML. Started getting fever. Underlying cause?

Oncologist, Surgical
my daughter 21 months old, had a bone marrow transplant about a year ago for AML, she is been alright but for the past two days she has been having unplained fever.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 18 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. Although there are many causes of fever in a child but in a patient after bone marrow transplant could be a sign of a serious underlying problem. You should consult your doctor immediately and visit him. They will run a panel of tests (blood and urine), which will help in pointing towards the cause of fever.

Hope your daughter gets well soon. Please feel free to clarify any other query with me.