Child got several blister like burn marks on leg. What could be these?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
We have just returned from Bali and our 10 year old daughter has several blister like burn marks on her left leg. She did not burn her leg, but the appearance is like it. What could have been the cause and what can we do to help the blister/infection heal?
The Dr in Bali could not offer much help, other than the typical response to offer antibiotics which we did not want to give our daughter at that time. There are no more blisters appearing.

Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
The blister like burn marks on your daughter's legs could be due to a superficial skin infection. This can happen due to a bacterial infection or an allergic reaction.
If there is no pain & swelling around the area, you do not have to concern yourself as regards any systemic problems. Use a topical corticosteroid-antibiotic (betamethasone-fusidic acid) combination cream That am sure any local pharmacist will supply you OTC (over the counter) in a situation such as this.
Please feel free to take a copy of this transcript/discussion that may help you with the pharmacist. This cream may be applied to the area twice/day for 2-3 days & in addition, you may also give a non-sedative antihistamine like cetrizine that may help relieve the lesions swiftly.
Keep the area clean and avoid touching it with bare fingers to avoid the spread of any infection. In case the lesions increase in number or size then do consult a dermatologist for a direct examination and systemic antibiotics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.