Child got rashes. Should I go for food allergy test?

My x-wife constantly blames me for rashes my 4 year old gets after my visitations. It is clear he has food allergies. However, she refuses to have him tested for allergies, and I don't understand why. She says he is getting the rashes because of the "poor quality" foods I give him, rather than the composition of the food itself. She has complained about rashes over a dozen times over the past year. Isn't it obvious that my son needs to get tested for food allergies?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 16 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your query,
thanks for the questions. It owuld be interesting to identify the particular cause of the rashes. This could be food as well as another environmental cause hen he visits you (dust, something in the room, particular pollens or sheets or something).
An allergists opinion is important in evaluating his case. Blood tests like a complete blood count shall show increase in eosinophils and an increase in immunoglobuline E to confirm the diagnosis. Negativity of these tests shall therefore require another source of these rashes. A keen allergist investigation could actually be important in determinant the particular allergen, if its food, the particular food category. Avoidance of this particular food could be appropriate. However, saying its the quality of the food causing the allergies is a bit vague and really not helpful in helping the child
I suggest you take an appointment with an allergist.
thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.