Child got head injury. Noticed raised lump above ears. Should I be concerned?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My nephew bumped his head than cried himself to sleep but I notice he has a raised lump above both eyes but I'm not sure whether his head is normally like that! I was a bit worried but he is easily wakened when I rub on his hand! Would he need to be checked over and should he be sleeping? Sorry lump above both ears not eyes.. He is awake and crawling but should his mum get those lumps checked?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 6 hours later
Welcome to HCM!
Lump above both ears is strange after a fall!
Usually if he fell on one side,the lump should be on that side only
Is it soft to touch and of fluid consistency?
The child now awake and crawling and feeding without vomiting are good signs.
Hope also he is smiling,cooing,playing with mom,etc which are also suggestive that he is ok.
Anyway if these lumps are something new which happened after the fall,you have to definitely show the child to the doctor.
All the best
God bless